SATURDAY June 15
9 pm - 2 am at Photo City Improv: Comedy and Music Venue, 543 Atlantic Avenue, Rochester, NY
General Admission: $20 (Must be 21 and up)
VIP Elite Vampire Court: $15 upgrade per person ($35 total). As your Queen I put forth a challenge for those who wish to join me. VIP will only be available to those chosen through this contest (see below). If you are triumphant you will be given the chance to upgrade your ticket to VIP. This is good for you and one equally fabulous guest. Choose your guest wisely.
Write an essay for the Queen about why you wish to join me in my court for the evening. Tell me your deepest vampiric desires and your story about why you are drawn to the night. Keep in mind that it is expected as a member of my court that you dress in the most fabulous way. You will be a representative of your Queen and one of my emissaries throughout the night. If you can conjure a picture of yourself in your outfit or one similar please include it. The contest begins as soon as I post the link for tickets on April 15. You will have until the eve of Beltane, May 1, to enter the contest and the winners will be announced on May 15, one month prior to the Ball.
1. Do not send your entry in until the start of the competition which is April 15 when our tickets go on sale.
2. Buy your regular tickets as soon as the link goes up. I will check the list to see if you are registered in order to qualify you for the contest. If you wish to be able to buy two VIP tickets if you are chosen you need to buy two general admissions in advance. If you are chosen for my court you will be given an upgrade code so that you can pay the upgrade for your VIP tickets.
3. Address your email to Goddessphoenixmedusa@gmail.com and place Vampire Ball VIP Submission in the subject line.
4. Help us get the word out about the Vampire Ball. Post this event on your Facebook page.
5. The decision of the Queen is final. Please don't be a sour or sore loser. There is always next year. Each year I will choose a new court to join me. I am sure that all your entries will be spectacular and that finding the most elite will be a very difficult decision to make.
Level 3 – Elite
Examples: Venetian Carnival, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Formal Goth
Level 2 – Impressive
Examples: Goth, Aristocratic, Uniforms, Steampunk, Historical, Gothic Lolita, Latex, Black Tie, Leather, Neo-Victorian, Masquerade, Priests/Priestesses, cosplay
Level 1 – Minimal
Examples: Basic all Black-on-Black, Fangs, and Masques
Level 0 – Forget It
Examples: NO (We are Serious) T-Shirts, Blue Jeans, Wife Beaters, Racist Symbols, Sportswear, Street Wear, Sneakers (all black or decorated for the theme chucks are the exception in regards to sneakers) etc.
Costumes are 99% of the Decor; the People Make the Party. Unless you’ve brought a change of clothes which you intend to wear to the Rochester Vampire Ball, YOU WILL BE REFUSED WITHOUT REFUND. Fangs and masks are highly encouraged but NOT required.